Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Super Productive!

I am not sure if I wrote here already that I quit my dog walking job. Well, I did. I am really trying to graduate in May, so I am on the big dissertation writing push, and the having to go walk dogs in the middle of the day was really cramping my style. I am a flitterer while I work. I work a while, then need to read some blogs or wander around the house or whatever. I have really intense periods of work, and then it all just falls apart and I need to recharge for a bit. All of that is to say that I work best with a whole day for it, instead of having to cram it in between other things. Also, the dog walking did not pay much. Anyway, I am loving having the writing be my only job right now (although my class does start next week, so I will have two jobs). Lately I have been going to various libraries to work and I am getting a lot done. I like the productive atmosphere in libraries. Everyone typing away or reading or jumping up once and awhile to look in fat dictionaries. It is awesome.

I've also gotten back into my running. Both Monday and today I woke up and went right out for a run. Monday I thought I was going to die as I was soooo sore, but today's run/walk was good, and I actually feel energized from it. Although that also could be be because I was having a little trouble sleeping so I took some Tylenol PM last night which made me sleep like a tired rock. R is also taking care of me this week and cooking me dinners at night. So after a week of 2008, I am enjoying it greatly with awesome food, exercise, and productivity out the wazoo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you and your productivity! It is hard to come to terms with the grazing/productivity--I know when I'm doing that I get down on myself for being lazy and distracted, but it really is how I get the best work done. And super yay for the running. Crappy weather, ice, and dark, dark, always dark is keeping me away from any exercise... but I think I might try a yoga class on Thursday, that should help.

Matt said...

is R a master yet?

Field Notes said...

Doesn't it feel good to know you're finally on the home stretch dissertation-wise? At this point last year was when I gathered a head of steam to get done!!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

A flitterer! That's what I am too. I didn't know there was a word for it.

(hello btw, just found your blog via Curiosity Killed the Cat's album cover meme).