Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Years Meme

I like this one. I saw it many places.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Get married. Turn 30. Teach high school students. Live in New York.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really do resolutions... Although a quick check of the blog this time last year shows I resolved to call my brothers more, which I did not do. Maybe I will try and email more?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not in 2007, although there are some lined up for 2008!
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? none. :(
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A PhD
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The day we got married, my 30th birthday.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Writing as much of my dissertation as I have. Teaching and planning an upper level class.
9. What was your biggest failure? Despairing once and a while.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing for myself. I am most proud of adopting a penguin for R for Christmas, and the best things I received were a Timbuk2 bag from R and a laptop backpack from my dad.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? R, all my friends and family. I feel really lucky that everyone is so supportive of me and always there when I need them.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Some people in the academia.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having people come to NYC for the wedding.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Carrie Underwood -- the one where she takes a Louisville slugger to both headlights.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b)thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? I think I am the same happiness. I am definitely fatter (this time last year I had just returned from the the Suriname rice and beans diet) and I am richer as I am now somewhat employed.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising, eating vegetables.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Freaking out.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With R's fam in Iowa.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Nope.
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Amazing Race!!!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.
24. What was the best book you read? The Book Thief
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I can't think of one.
26. What did you want and get? Progress on my dissertation.
27. What did you want and not get? Job interviews.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Hot Fuzz
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 30! We went to sushi in the 'hood and drank Sandra Lee cocktails at home.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Somehow getting my PhD
31. What kept you sane? fun books
32. What political issue stirred you the most? Healthcare!
33. Who was the best new person/people you met? some primate people
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007? Keep on keepin' on.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I have no idea.

No comments: