Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday

So two of my classes are over and I just need to finish up some grading and paperwork! Woo! As there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I am now trying to blog every weekend. We'll see how that goes.

It has been a very nice sunny weekend. Yesterday R and I walked to a garden fair and then to a coffee shop where we attempted to work for awhile but it was too loud. So we moved to a bench in a park where we ran into a random bike race. This is one of my favorite things about living in a big city. Both here and in NYC I will often come across some sort of random event like a street festival or market or bike race. I finished grading exams while watching the bike riders zoom by and then we headed back home. At night we went to a banquet for R's department which was pretty fun. I am friends with a lot of R's fellow students, so I didn't feel out of place and there were other spouses/partners there as well.

Today I need to get to work to prep classes for the week ahead and finish off a book chapter I've been working on. Then it is back to hard core dissertating. I'm having a little bit of a hard adjustment to not having such a packed schedule that I need to work all the time. It is less motivating to have some stuff I kinda need to get done, but no OH MY GOD IT MUST BE DONE NOW!! stuff. I also think I want to slack a little after all the work of the last months. But I will rally and get to work! Go me!

No comments: