Wednesday, October 15, 2008

books!

70. Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart
I picked up this books from R's parents' house because it is about archaeologists and a forensic pathologist. Awesome. Basically, the main character is in Ireland investigating bog bodies when she comes across a more recent murder victim. There is all kinds of intrigue and mystery and I really enjoyed this book. It is the 2nd in a series and I plan to go back and read the first.

71. Daddy-Long Legs by Jean Webster
This is one of those books I read over and over again. Judy is an orphan, who has lived all her life in an orphanage, until she is chosen by a mysterious trustee to go to college. The book is her letters to her benefactor, whom she calls "Daddy-Long Legs". This is just a very pleasant book, and I love Judy's character. I have read it about a zillion times and will probably read it a zillion more. It is like my book comfort food.

72. Misfortune by Wesley Stace
This is an awesome book. A baby is found on a trash heap and taken to be the adopted daughter of a wealthy family. Only, alas, the baby is a boy. This is the story of Rose as she grows up and realizes who and what she is. I have a hard time describing why I liked this book so much, but it is just a great story with really well-written characters. I highly recommend this book.

No comments: