Monday, June 02, 2008

books

46. The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell
This is a collection of essays by This American Life contributor Sarah Vowell. If you've listened to her at all, you know what to expect. The essays are witty and insightful and entertaining. As I have heard her a lot on TAL, I loved how I could hear her voice in my head as I read this book.

47. The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
This is a very interesting book about what would happen to the earth if humans disappeared. It is very interesting and eye opening to see how quickly a lot of our structures will disappear, but scary about how mych plastic will remain forever. A good book.

48. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
49. Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
Two more Shannon Hale books, the first two of another series. I loved The Goose Girl, about a princess who loses her kingdom and has to regain it. It had a lot of the same themes as Princess Academy, and I liked Princess Academy slightly more, but this was still quite good.
Enna Burning was the sequel, and I enjoyed it, but not quite as much as The Goose Girl. There was more war and battle, and less concentration on characters. Still very good and worth a read, though.

No comments: