Saturday, September 08, 2007

books!

65. Arrows of the Queen
66. Arrow in Flight
67. Arrow's Fall all by Mercedes Lackey
These are a fantasy series that was really important to me in high school. They've got it all and I still love to re-read them: strong yet vulnerable main female character, self-sacrificing heroes and magical horses! Awesome.

68. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
A blurb on the front says this is a "moving portrait of modern Afghanistan" which is pretty true. It is the story of a boy in Afghanistan who ends up moving to the US but then returns to fulfill a task. It is a pretty good book, but I think I am at my quota of serious, deep books for awhile because I couldn't really get into it. It is a good book, though, and it was interesting to read about Afghanistan, as it is a place I do not really know much about.

69. In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner
Another alleged "chick lit" book. Again, I liked this one a lot. Weiner is a seriously good writer with a gift for characters. This was recently a movie, so you may have heard the basic plot -- two sisters, one skinny and with a messed up life, one overweight and with a seemingly together life. They kind of learn and grow together, and a retirement community in Florida is involved. The addition of the old people characters in this book is great. Good book.

No comments: