Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Books

20. Thursday Next in Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde
This is the last in the Thursday Next series of literature detectives. As the others are, this is funny and smart and imaginative. I am sure I miss plenty of the literary illusions, but the interweaving of real life and fiction is great.

21. The Dirty Duck by Martha Grimes
Another mystery set in England. People on a tour are killed.... love the Englishness of it.

22. Post Mortem by Patricia Cornwell
Same ol' same ol', but good mindless reading.

23. Everfree by Nick Sagan
This is the third in a trilogy by Carl Sagan's son. I read the first two books last year while in Suriname -- my friend Erin had them. They are about a post-apocalyptic world after much of humanity is killed by a plague. It is hard to write much about them as it will give away the story. Be that as it may, they are very well written and engrossing and I enjoyed them all. I am sad I finished the series.

No comments: