Thursday, September 02, 2010

Books!

73. Tell No One by Harlan Coben
It might have been the mood I was in when I read it, but I really enjoyed this mystery/thriller/thingy. A pediatrician is living day by day after his wife's murder when he realizes she may be alive. What's up with that? All kinds of other mysteries are revealed. This writer is good, and maintained my interest in the mysteries and the characters throughout.

74. Betsy and Joe by Maud Hart Lovelace
I never read these as a kid, but I was recently talking to some people who said they were a mainstay of their growing up, like Little House or Anne of Green Gables.

I started here on the 8th book as it was in a give away pile in my laundry room. These books are really good, and I think I would have really liked them when younger, as much as I liked it now. The world of a teenager in 1910 is so interesting to see and Betsy's character is so full of life and determination to enjoy life to the fullest. I will definitely be getting the rest of these books.

75. Carney's House Party and
76. Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace
Continuing my obsession with these books. Carney's House Party takes place after Betsy and Joe and centers on a more peripheral character in that book. Carney comes home from Vassar for a summer and invites several people to stay in her house for a month. The days are filled with teas and parties and picnics and some misunderstandings and romantic entanglements. I really liked seeing how many things are the same between the early 1900s and now.

Betsy-Tacy is the first book in the series. It is written at a much younger level, but I still really enjoyed it. In this book, Betsy and Tacy first meet, and their adventures begin.

77. Fool by Christopher Moore
Funny book for anyone who likes British humor, lots of swearing and sex and Shakespeare being all twisted around. A re-telling of King Lear from the court jester's point of view.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Harlan Coben has a good series of books about a PI/ sports agent named Myron Bolitar. I like them better than his one off books, which are also good usually.