Sunday, June 27, 2010

Too much typing

Wow. It has been more than a month since I updated. How have you, my five readers (hi, Mom!) survived without my updates? I bet it has been a struggle.

Here is what I was doing: teaching, finishing the quarter and dissertating like crazy. I will blame the dissertating for my absence as I dissertated myself right into some mild carpal tunnel syndrome plus some bonus tendinitis! I was supposed to rest my wrists some, but as I could not really stop dissertating I did cut down on non-essential typing, thus less blogging. I am pretty cured now -- my wrists still get a little sore from time to time, but rest, ice, Aleve, and sleeping in a wrist brace have done wonders.

Aside from that, in the last month I have also gone to North Carolina, South Carolina and to a conference in Kentucky. More travels await this summer! I am also way behind on my book list, so expect more posts on that. I've also been reading more primatology blogs and am toying with writing about more science. We'll see how that goes, though.

No comments: