Wednesday, April 30, 2008

tasty dinner!


farmermarketdin
Originally uploaded by mnkgrl

This was our dinner on Saturday: roasted potatoes and asparagus, grilled onions, grilled portabello "steaks" marinated in a red wine sauce and Italian bread made with semolina flour. Everything except the sour cream on this plate was from the Farmer's Market. Ever since I read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle I have been trying to go to the Farmer's Market each week. It can be a struggle as it is on Saturday morning, but I think I have made it most weeks I've been in town. There are still not a lot of vegetables in season, but I was proud we could make a dinner out of the market trip this week.

We almost repeated the feat tonight as well. We had the rest of the asparagus (roasted again) in an omelet with spaghetti squash (from the farmer's market) and marinara on the side. I do try and buy local eggs, but the omelet ones were from the grocery store, although allegedly "cage free".

1 comment: