Thursday, September 27, 2007

books!

73. Dragonsblood by Todd McCaffrey
This book involves some of the original settlers of Pern, and I don't like them as much as the characters I first met, so this book was a little less enjoyable than Dragon's Kin. BUT it was still great! I am tempted to re-read all the Pern books, but maybe I will put that on my long long list of things to do when I am finished with my dissertation. :)

74. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella
The second in this series. I think these are well-written, fun books. I'm glad Becky learns lessons, but never completely overcomes her shopping weakness. :)

75. The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
I just got this book because of the movie coming out and I was curious about it. It was way better than I expected. Very interesting, and I just felt terrible for a lot of the people in it. It was actually quite painful in a way, but a good book. I think it will be hard to translate a lot of it to the screen though.

1 comment:

girl_in_greenwood said...

I thought the Nanny Diaries was so sad! I mean, it was all fun and games at first... but by the end I wanted to cry. I don't know how well that will translate to a movie, either.