Sunday, August 26, 2007

more books!

61. Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
So I am apparently the only anthropologist to never read this. I actually know a few people who say they got into anthropology because of this book. I found it on a free shelf, so I thought, why not? This is not the most beautifully written or most well-plotted book, but it was pretty fun! Drama amongst the Neandertals! Who can resist? It was really fun reading and I have later books in the series on request at the library. I hear the sex heats up as the books go on.

62. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Another fun fluff book. I've been diving back into the chick lit, and this book was pretty enjoyable. The main character is really engaging, although her disorganization and immaturity did get to me some at the beginning. I'm also planning on reading the rest of this series.

63. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
As I mentioned in another post, I had heard a lot about this book but was pretty sure I would hate it. I thought I'd try it anyway, and I loved it! I don't know why it spoke to me so much. I think it is because the author talked so much about taking time out to do things she enjoyed, and to learn to be forgiving of herself. These are definitely things I need to work on, and the book really inspired me to do so.

64. Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner
This one was supposed to be chick lit, but aside from the fact that there is a breakup and a female heroine I thought it was generally too heavy to be what I think of as "chick lit". It was a good book, though, well written and with very engaging characters. It was just more serious than I was prepared for or wanted at the time.

No comments: