Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Books

30. What Happens in Paris (stays in Paris?) by Nancy Robards Thompson
So when I was at the library last I was getting too many non-fiction books and feeling a need for a break to something more fluffy. I saw this book, assumed it was chick lit, and picked it up. I was horrified when I got home to realize it is part of Harlequin! Now, I will totally read romance novels, don't get me wrong, but that is not what I was looking for at the time.

Anyway, the book is not really a romance novel and was actually pretty good. The main character's marriage suddenly break up and she ends up moving to Paris for 3 months for an artist's residency. She meets interesting people and grows, blah de blah blah. The writing was pretty good and the characters were believable and it was what I was looking for, a nice fluffy read. I was concerned about the fact that the woman kept talking about how until she went to Paris she thought her life was over, she was 41 and middle aged. Isn't 41 a little young to be going on about how you are an old frumpy middle aged woman these days? I mean, I thought 40 was the new 30?

No comments: