Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ice Cream!

Back when I lived in DC, my friend Erin made me a fabulous mix tape (yes, we are old. Shut up.) with Eddie Murphy's Ice Cream man routine on it. I loved the mix tape and listened to it often, until recently when I find myself living with no tape playing devices. I also took the tape to Suriname the first time I was there, and have some great memories of sitting around with field assistants from 4 countries, laughing our heads off to Eddie Murphy. So here is the Ice Cream bit, followed by another hilarious one about his mom throwing shoes.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Dude, I still have that tape in my car!

Anonymous said...

"cause you're on the welfare..."

Love it. Oh, and "Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul"?

Matt said...

Great! Laughed Out Loud. Rinse. Repeat.

Laurie K said...

Melinda is to blame for Chicken Soup... I will explain about it in another post.

Anonymous said...

Ha! My brother and I used to listen to that sketch when we were kids. We had to do it in secret, because of all the swears.

Erin said...

I am sad to report that the Best of CD from which I taped that segment is a large hole in my CD collection. I still have the jacket, but the CD is with some intern in their car in Washington. Stupid stealing interns...Thanks for the clip it made my day!