Saturday, March 25, 2006

Book Challenge

28. Mr. Dacy Takes a Wife: Pride and Prejudice Continues by Linda Berdoll
This is a sequel to Pride and Prejudice (as the title says). I came across it in my search for the book "Mr. Darcy's Daughters" which is also a sequel to Pride and Prejudice that my library refuses to buy for me. I guess I could buy it myself, but I am poor and my apartment is so overwhelmed with books I just can't bring myself to add more, unless they are very important ones such as Primate Conservation Biology or Primate Males.

Anyway, back to the review. I was shocked at first by the trashiness of this book, and a little angered at the treatment of my beloved Pride and Prejudice characters. However, after awhile I got really sucked into the story, and the characters. I stopped thinking of them as from P&P, and just saw them as their own entities. By the end, I was staying up after R slept to get in a few more pages -- that's how engrossing the story became to me.

This is a pretty fluffy, somewhat trashy, period romance dressed up as a sequel to a classic, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit, and have requested the sequel from the library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.