Saturday, February 04, 2006

Crochet!

My poor blog was just born and then neglected by me. Poor little blog. I have been really busy the last week finishing up a grant proposal, but it was turned in yesterday so now I am free! As a reward for all my hard work, today I am going to the Little Yarn Store (LYS) in town to purchase sock yarn.

You may have noticed the Crochet Olympics button on the sidebar. The goal is to crochet something challenging starting during the opening ceremonies and finish by the closing ceremonies. As I am a slow crocheter, and have so far only finished a scarf and a hat, I am going to try some socks and an amigurumi animal. I am thinking of trying the elephant, as that is one of R's favorite animals.

5 comments:

Norah said...

wow, good for you!!

Anonymous said...

I have ignored the Knitting Olympics, because I am intimidated by the time limit. But I am all excited to watch you work on your project. Oh, and yay for finishing up the grant!

Laura said...

Ooh, I'm off to check out that crochet pattern site right now...

Anonymous said...

Those animals are soooo cute! The elephant is the best, by far.

Laurie K said...

It was my master plan to crochet a bunch of the animals for Christmas gifts, but that didn't work out. They are super cute! I also want to make the lemur some day, because a crocheted lemur is just cool.