Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Crochet Olympics, with pictures!

My new digital camera arrived today! Such excitement. I am so happy to finally have one. Since it arrived, you can all admire my Olympic sock....



That is the cuff, and the first few rows of the foot. The little triangle shape is where the heel will go.

I am not doing so great on the socks. As you can see, I have not even finished one. I am soooo slow. I am pleased with how it is going, though. I think I was too ambitious with my plan to do the socks and the stuffed elephant. I am now concentrating on the socks -- I would like to finish at least the first one.

I am happy that I am actually making socks and as I go through the pattern they appear socklike. I think I have learned a lot from trying this, and will learn more as I finish them up. So that is good. My mom always taught me to look on the bright side.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Good job, Go Laurie! I can't wait to see them finished. Also, I'm so excited that you'll have more pictures to post!

Anonymous said...

Oooo... I like how the cuff goes sideways. I think I used the same yarn for some socks last spring--I love the colors.