Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Nonny Mouse

This blog is going to be more or less anonymous. I’m going to try to not be too specific about who I am, where I work and where I live. I have read a bit about the implications of anonymous blogging versus using your full name, and I see the point of those who are against anonymous blogging, but I agree that there are many many reasons to stay anonymous.

Here are mine:

1. I am just starting out my career, and while not shy about sharing my opinions in person, I am not sure yet what the implications of spewing them all over the internet are.

2. I teach, and feel I have to be very sensitive to saying anything that can be read and found by my students, or that will give any information about them away.

3. I don’t live in a bubble. I live and interact with people I may want to talk about from time to time, and staying anonymous on my part will help keep their anonymity as well. My friends, colleagues and acquaintances did not ask me to start a blog.

So far, I think most people who are reading actually know me, so most of this is moot, but there it is anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your secret is safe with me!