Friday, January 27, 2006

Hello!

Okay, I am overcoming mass amounts of grant writing and grading to get this thing going.

My name is Laurie, I am closing in on 30 and I live in Florida with my boyfriend and our two cats. We enjoy the living in sin and the cats enjoy Fancy Feast brand tuna feast in gravy. I am in graduate school for anthropology and last semester I took my qualifying exams so I am now all but dissertation (ABD). Within anthropology, my subfield is biological anthropology, and within biological anthropology, my research interests are in primate behavior. This semester I am concentrating on getting grants to fund my dissertation research, and teaching an intro biology class at a community college.

Although I am stuck in the southeast for now, I grew up in the midwest and attended college there so after nearly four years in Florida I am missing seasons like crazy.

I am interested in many things and will hopefully write about them here. I also like to have opinions on many things and will share those as well. I was inspired to start this blog by the many college teaching centered blogs I have recently found on the internets and I hope to contribute some to those sort of topics.

OK, quick intro for you, more fun to come!!!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Yay yay yay for the Laurie blog!

meeegan said...

Hi Monkeygirl!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Laurie! Nice to see your new digs.

Are you deliberately not publishing a RSS feed? I do most of my blog reading through Bloglines.

Laurie K said...

Oops! I thought I clicked to publish an RSS feed, but I must have missed. It should be fixed now.